




While Joel was in no hurry to make his entrance, he finally decided to join us on December 11, at 8:06 a.m. My water broke at home at 3:30 a.m. and we made it to the hospital in time to get my longed-for epidural :-). All went as well as I could hope for and he was in my arms in a few hours time. Joel weighed in at 9lb, 15 oz, 20 1/2 inches long. The biggest of all our boys by over a pound!! He has a beautiful head of black hair, and we are all amazed at how soft a new baby can truly be!! We are so excited to get to know our newest little man. He is so wonderful and we are all in love with him, including three very proud big brothers!
Such a wonderful family experience is always bittersweet for us, as the absence of our firstborn is an everpresent reality. Gabriel seemed to be the hardest hit by this sadness on the day of Joel's birth. He was so thrilled and in love with the new baby, yet very aware that his big brother was missing. "Timmy would have liked him a lot, Mama". Yes, he does and I assured Gabey that God was allowing Timmy to witness his family and he was loving his new baby from heaven. How we miss our boy. We are so rich and so blessed --a quiver full of sons!! Someday we will all be together again.
Welcome Baby Joel!! We adore you. You are so beautiful and so loved.






5 comments:
So beautiful!
Not just this adorable new Rixmann, but all of you look so happy. He is a darling!
God Bless.
Julie
I am thrilled for you all my wonderful friends!! I have been checking this site daily waiting for the news...ok, I admit several times a day! Congrats on the beautiful addition. I miss you all and can't wait to visit and to meet the newest addition. love to you all, Miss Jean
I've also been doing the daily check-in these past few days and am soooo glad to hear of Joel's safe arrival -- CONGRATULATIONS! God is so very good. You are blessed among women! (Leela, please tell me you didn't take that picture of all those Rixmann boys from your bed -- !?)
With love, Leela
Oh, he is just beautiful! A true blessing! Can't wait to see more pictures. Have a wonderful Christmas all of you! God Bless!
Kristin
CONGRATULATIONS!!! WOW! I had no idea you were even pregnant, that is how out of touch I have been. WOW! I am sooooo thrilled for your family.
Much love, Amy and Max
Post a Comment