
It was awesome. God is so good. For me, the trip was an amazing exercise in walking out the healing God has been working in me. I kept walking right up to what used to be a panic trigger, a tipping point, a sure path to overwhelmed...and then I'd walk through it with peace and joy, expectancy. My travel day was perfect, my kids were loving and sweet, not overly sad, nor disconnected. I left home with a heart full of what was to come...
After a short drive and dinner, we got down to business. I was quickly reminded how much I do NOT sing anymore. What's a CODA? Yikes. Thankfully, it got better. I warmed into singing again, and remembered how to read music (mostly :)).
Here is beautiful Jill enjoying the amazing Rod Henczel. Rod played in our wedding!

Danielle and Phil came down from Camas, WA. Danielle had put together all of the music for the weekend--what a job! After rehearsing Thursday night and all day Friday, Rod's comment was "this is the musical equivalent of a marathon!" so true.

The stage is set. My wonderful friend, Sarah Geesey, had painted the picture for "Current for Women", which was on the stage. She and Layne also decorated the stage.
Geoff, sharing his heart --we're finally all together!
Jill, praying, as we walked around the empty chairs, lifting up each woman that would sit in them.
Prayer Warriors
Praying for Jill
After a short drive and dinner, we got down to business. I was quickly reminded how much I do NOT sing anymore. What's a CODA? Yikes. Thankfully, it got better. I warmed into singing again, and remembered how to read music (mostly :)).
Here is beautiful Jill enjoying the amazing Rod Henczel. Rod played in our wedding!

Danielle and Phil came down from Camas, WA. Danielle had put together all of the music for the weekend--what a job! After rehearsing Thursday night and all day Friday, Rod's comment was "this is the musical equivalent of a marathon!" so true.
The stage is set. My wonderful friend, Sarah Geesey, had painted the picture for "Current for Women", which was on the stage. She and Layne also decorated the stage.
Geoff, sharing his heart --we're finally all together!
Jill, praying, as we walked around the empty chairs, lifting up each woman that would sit in them.
Prayer Warriors
Praying for JillThe blank canvas is waiting...


the names...

Shirts were made for the Current, with Sarah's picture on the front.
The Full Sail Ministries table

Gifts for each attendee
Young girls from a nearby home were invited to come free of charge. A group of them came on Friday night, some were single moms, others newly pregnant. Several of them responded for prayer at the end of the night.
One of Sarah's paintings on display
artist and canvas
As we waited for the session to begin, beautiful graphics were displayed with scripture and powerful quotes. The atmosphere was so worshipful and expectant.
Sarah painted throughout worship (sorry no pictures, I was singing!), and was this far when we sat down. amazing.
After worship, Jill taught on "A Daughter's Destiny", drawing from the story of the woman with the issue of blood. It was so powerful and vulnerable. So many women were drawn to the healer and responded for prayer. Danielle and Geoff worshipped with the band while prayer was happening around the room. Dawn (far right) signed through the worship the whole weekend. She was so anointed and was not afraid to allow the tears to flow down her cheeks as she worshipped with her hands.


the names...
Shirts were made for the Current, with Sarah's picture on the front.
The Full Sail Ministries table
Gifts for each attendee
Young girls from a nearby home were invited to come free of charge. A group of them came on Friday night, some were single moms, others newly pregnant. Several of them responded for prayer at the end of the night.
One of Sarah's paintings on display
artist and canvas
As we waited for the session to begin, beautiful graphics were displayed with scripture and powerful quotes. The atmosphere was so worshipful and expectant.
Sarah painted throughout worship (sorry no pictures, I was singing!), and was this far when we sat down. amazing.
After worship, Jill taught on "A Daughter's Destiny", drawing from the story of the woman with the issue of blood. It was so powerful and vulnerable. So many women were drawn to the healer and responded for prayer. Danielle and Geoff worshipped with the band while prayer was happening around the room. Dawn (far right) signed through the worship the whole weekend. She was so anointed and was not afraid to allow the tears to flow down her cheeks as she worshipped with her hands. During the prayer times, even this first night, many many women allowed us to pray with them for deep issues. There were many sobs heard around the room. It was so exciting to know this was just the beginning, as they were coming back the next day to meet with Him again, and allow more heart work to take place.
This was a sign for us to write on. Friday night the first words written were "I don't need to listen to lies. He HAS changed me." Amen!!

Saturday's final session. Worship, my story was shared, I sang, "I will rise". Then Jill came and taught on Mary, Martha, Lazarus, and Jesus. We sang again and ended the day with a beautiful time of communion What an honor to pray with the women as they came forward to receive the body and blood of Christ, broken and spilled for our true healing and redemption.
This was a sign for us to write on. Friday night the first words written were "I don't need to listen to lies. He HAS changed me." Amen!!
Saturday's final session. Worship, my story was shared, I sang, "I will rise". Then Jill came and taught on Mary, Martha, Lazarus, and Jesus. We sang again and ended the day with a beautiful time of communion What an honor to pray with the women as they came forward to receive the body and blood of Christ, broken and spilled for our true healing and redemption. I had the privilege to pray with many women. The first night I was praying with a woman named Kathy. She was talking about how she related to the story, and feeling unclean. She had tumors all over her body. She said she'd grown up being teased and rejected, and had many wounds from childhood. I was sitting there thinking, "why isn't Jill here praying with her?" Jill's testimony is about the deep healing she's experienced from the wounds of living with severe birth defects. But as Kathy continued to talk, she then told me how lonely she was and that she had lost her son, almost 4 years ago. I knew then why Jill wasn't the one praying with her. I told her of my own loss and was able to hold her and cry with her and pray for God's peace and true healing power. It was unbelievable. At the end I was spent, and went to the back of the room and just allowed God to minister to me through the worship that was still going on. wow.
There were other stories of real appointments made by the other team members--really, by the Holy Spirit. We were simply conduits, but He was working. And He is so good at what He does.
I am so excited to have another opportunity to minister again this weekend. I have 2 friends I will be seeing in Ohio, one new friend, one older friend from Celebrant days. I am so excited they are coming! I also have one of my dearest friends in the world, Wendy, travelling with me. I feel so rich.
My three days home here are going well--2 down, one to go. My in-laws surprised the kids and showed up last Friday, they're staying till next Saturday. The kids barely knew I was gone! And Grandma cooked us Canadian Thanksgiving last night, which was fabulous :). Today we enjoyed "The Sound of Music" with the kids, for the first time--it was a fun family movie afternoon (yes, there were some LEGOS being played by the second half). Homeschool has taken on a different shape these 2 weeks, but its all good :-). Tonight's activity was a volcano project--not QUITE what we'd hoped for, opening the club soda was a little more dramatic...but it was good fun.
I cannot thank you all enough for your prayers. The Lord truly carried me. Emotionally, I was amazed at the peace and strength he filled me with each day. Physically, I was okay. The first day, after travelling, was a bit hard, but after that it was manageable. I am still on Prednisone for this virus (parvo), and am experiencing symptoms, tho they are manageable with the meds. I see the dr. tomorrow. Please continue to pray for healing, as I do not want to stay on the steroids long term. so far, there have been no side-effects, as my dosage is low.
Prayer requests for this week include: Travel days--physical strength, safety. For all of the women who are coming--that they would come--and find the Healer of their souls. That we who are ministering would be so sensitive to His voice, that we would speak His words only.
For divine appointments. Please pray for my friend who is coming, who has also lost her son (5 yrs. ago). I am looking forward to hugging her. I know that our visit will be special for us both.
For Jill, that God's anointing on her would be strong, as she shares from her heart and His word.
Thank you so so much. For walking this journey with me. For asking how my trip was. For caring about the next trip. For your prayers and your support. It is invaluable to me. I am so privileged and honored to share with you about the trip. I look forward to sharing more next week!!




3 comments:
Hello friend,
So wonderful to hear about the week-end. Wish I were headed to Ohio. But will be thinking of you and praying for you!! Love and a huge hug.
Jean
Hi Leah,
It's so awesome to hear what God's doing. I'll be praying for you.
Love,
Julie
Amazing pictures and testimonies ... how I wish I could have been in OHio with you -- another time. Looking forward to this weekend's update.
Post a Comment