Friday, March 14, 2008

I can't get enough of this kid lately!


He has grown up so so so much since he turned Five. I didn't know if I would survive his next year--he barely made it through his birthday, but by the grace of God we've rounded some kind of corner with him and he has been so delightful the last month and a half. Don't get me wrong--EVERY BIT DANIEL and I swear, "Sweet and Spicy" couldn't be a better title for him. He's like the little girl with the little curl. "When he is good he is very very good and when he is bad..." lets just say he'd give that little girl a run for her money.

When he's being particularly good, and loving the feeling of it, we call him "goldie". So 2 days ago he was being particularly golden (actually in an attempt to earn back drawing, which he'd lost due to NOT finishing his chores--kept finding him back at the table drawing!) anyway, he determined to earn it back (I didn't offer, he just assumed...)

So he came up to me and says (after already doing several extra jobs, unasked), Mama, what can I do for you? I gave him a task, which he promptly did (promptly is HUGE for Daniel). So I said, "good job, goldie!" And he says, and I kid you not, "Mama, you should call me shiny, goldie Daniel." Huge smile.

I love him.


So, anyone who has seen a Playmobil box knows that on the front there is a picture of the toy all set up, in action. On the back all of the pieces are laid out so that you can see exactly what is included. 2 weeks ago I came upon this scene in the room-- most of the knights gear (several sets!), and Daniel, proud as punch. I'm still not sure where these boys got the organizational gene. It certainly wasn't from their parents. Guess it skipped a generation. they got it from their grandmothers! (click on picture to see it a little bigger)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're my shiny goldie Daniel...
love grandma R